Monday, March 24, 2014

The claw


This is supposed to be an alligator claw. I honestly liked this project. Artist take risks like I did I used prisma colors and I have never used them before. I used my own unique ideas by having the red to yellow fade in the back because they are the compliments of green and blue. This also makes the claw the focal point and the details stand out. When I started this project I decided to make it super zoomed in so that one of the fingers is off the page this creates a good balence of the artwork on the page. During this project I learned how to use prisma colors instead of crayola. I improved my techniques with colored pencils and I really think that it turned out to be a good piece. I think that I could have put more contrast with the webed feet from the fingers. Also I think I could have blended the claws Better but it was hard to blend black and white. Overall I liked this project and would do it again. But I I did it again I would do the webbed feet differently.

No comments:

Post a Comment